Megan Hook - Mindfulness and Music
Discover the fundamentals of mindfulness and how the practice can help us focus, express emotion, and even play!
1) Introduction to Mindfulness
2) Thinking Mind - Recommended for students in grades 4-8: Megan encourages students to their thoughts and offers tools for how to work with the thinking mind. Then explore the Musical Scale, an amazing invention of the thinking mind.
3) Seeing Good - Recommended for students in grades 4-8: Megan introduces the science of goodness and invites students to see the good within themselves, each other, and the world. Then sing along to the Civil Rights version of “This Little Light of Mine”.
4) Working With Emotions - Recommended for students in grades 4-8: Learn how to work mindfully with strong emotions and explore the Major and Minor scale to explore how music can impact the way we feel.
5) Calming Breaths - Recommended for students in grades K-3: Discover calming breaths techniques you can use throughout the da, then enjoy some calming lullabies “All the Pretty Little Horses” and “Beautiful Dreamer”.
6) Sending Kind Thoughts - Recommended for students in grades K-3: This lesson focuses on sending kind thoughts to different people, when we are kind we feel kind and grow our capacity for kindness. The mini music lesson teaches the song that Ms. Megan created for the kind thoughts.
7) Mindful Movement - Recommended for students in grades K-3: Explore mindful movement and learn the song “If You’re Happy and You Know It”.